CDT Links

Last Box- by Eva Mauch



September 5

Today I filled, taped and labeled Loren's last resupply box. Altogether I prepared 29 boxes for this almost 3000 mile hike. Each box included a canister of isobutane, a roll of toilet paper, ibuprofen (which Loren eats like candy), and lots and lots of high calorie food. His favorites- gummy worms, m&m's, snickers, pop tarts, and Costco Gourmet Honey Roasted Nut Mix. My dehydrator pumped out countless fruit leathers, which was his only fruit this trip. And, he also got a new pair of hiking shoes, dirty girl gators, and socks every 500 miles.

Box 29 is special because it contains, along with all the usuals, Loren's passport so he's ready to hike into Canada to the end of the trail. As of today, the last section is closed due to fires. So he may be ending right at the border via a different route. But with his passport in hand, he is ready for anything.

Either way, he will be home soon and I am so excited!! We haven't seen each other since July 7 when I dropped him off at the trailhead in Colorado near Denver.  We've never been apart that long- even with his mountain climbs in Russia. It will be so nice to have him home!!

For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.





Comments

Anonymous said…
I had to look up dirty girl gaitors. I have enjoyed reading every single blog post and looking at all of the beautiful pictures. He certainly has seen so much of our country that the majority of us will never see. Thank you for sharing your hiking trip with us all. Blessings for the homestretch. - Denise Hughes
Shroomer said…
Wooooo Hoooo!!!! for Loren! Good for him and good for you Eva. It's been a wonderful ride, just following his terrific adventure this summer.
Unknown said…
Eva, you are an amazing woman!
Liz Baines said…
What an amazing team you are!! This is definitely an accomplishment for both of you!! = )