- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This is a two minute trailer for a documentary by Shane "Jester" O'Donnell of his thru-hike of the Continental Divide Trail in 2012 entitled Embrace The Brutality. He also hiked the Pacific Crest Trail in 2008 and produced a documentary entitled Wizards of the PCT. Both videos are available to purchase online here.
Watching the video gives you some idea of what the CDT looks like and the crazy people that enjoy thru-hiking. It gives the impression that the CDT is a social experience, but that's a bit misleading. The majority of thru-hikers on the CDT hike solo and don't have the good fortune of friends who are willing and able to hike for five months. A few of the people I met while hiking the PCT in 2014, are planning on hiking the CDT in 2016, and I hope to connect with them somewhere along the trail.
I'm really starting to get EXCITED about hiking the Continental Divide Trail!
Comments