CDT Links

Thru-Hike Itinerary


Here is a link to my CDT Thru-Hike Itinerary.

I think the itinerary is mostly self explanatory, but a few highlights might be in order. The total length of the hike is 2,759 miles and is scheduled to take five months and seven days. My itinerary includes twenty days of rest: a half day at each resupply stop and four two day layovers when Eva comes to visit me. The average mileage per day is twenty miles. You'll notice that my daily mileage begins at sixteen and gradually increases to twenty miles per day. In Colorado my daily mileage is expected to drop because of snow, thunder storms, and altitude. After Colorado, my daily must increase to twenty-four miles per day in order to reach Canada before the hiking season ends because of snow.

This itinerary is only a plan and once I begin hiking, I'll need to make adjustments along the way. There is a lot of road walking in New Mexico, and I know if I push myself too hard, I'll end up injured. Trail conditions will dictate my daily mileage though Colorado. But by the time I reach Wyoming, I will need to pick up the pace. Hopefully by then, I'll be physically and emotionally ready for the daily grind of twenty four miles a day.

After I begin hiking, you can follow my progress on this map. Each time I update my progress, my location will show up on the map with a small hiker symbol. Expect updates at least once a week.

Questions? Feel free to ask by leaving a comment.

Comments

westvalleykevin said…
This is an amazing feat of skill/determination etc.... i will remember you in my prayers as you tackle another " once in a lefetime " adventure..
Just amazed..
Kevin Creighton