 |
| Mission Peak! |
 |
| Mt. Rose, Ohlone Trail |
I hate to call them training hikes, because I probably would be hiking even if I wasn't "training" for the CDT. But I think I hike a bit harder (longer, higher, and faster) knowing the CDT is coming soon. I've also been working out at the gym, which is something I definitely would not be doing, if I wasn't training. (I don't like the gym.) I am also jogging when I can't hike, to help maintain my strength and endurance. This year I hope to be physically and mentally ready for the Continental Divide Trail.
 |
| Mt. Diablo |
I'm hiking 2-3 days a week and some of my favorite training hikes include
Mt. Diablo, the
Arnold Rim Trail, the
Ohlone Trail, the
Dipsea Trail,
Brushy Peak,
Redwood Regional Park, and the foothills section of the
Coast To Crest Trail. My mileage varies from 15-30 mile day hikes and I'm doing some back to back long day hikes to help train my feet, legs, and mind for the CDT. Included in this post are some images from my recent hikes.
 |
| Coast to Crest Trail |
Please let me know if you would like to join me for a day hike. It doesn't have to be twenty miles and it doesn't have to be straight up the side of a mountain. It doesn't even have to be all day! I enjoy hiking alone, but I also enjoy sharing the experience with friends. There are so many beautiful places that are best enjoyed in person. I promise I'll wear socks that don't have holes and even bring some snacks and water to share!
Your crazy hiking friend,
Loren aka Butter Fingers
Comments