CDT Links

BORN TO EAT

Fajitas Make Me Happy!

I used to belong to a running club in Stockton, and Saturday morning runs usually included homemade treats and coffee provided by one of the runners. We would often ask the question: Are we a running club that likes to eat, or an eating club that likes to run?

Sometimes I feel the same way about hiking. Although my blog title is "Born To Hike," I wonder if a better title wouldn't be "Born To Eat." I burn 4,000-5,000 calories a day when I hike 20 miles a day...what a perfect excuse to eat! The photo above is of my dinner in Silver City and I had room for desert!

It hasn't started yet, but eventually, all my fat reserves will disappear and "hiker hunger" will set in. At that point food becomes the main topic of conversation among hikers and I start dreaming about "all you can eat" buffets. Stay tuned as I eat my way to Canada!

For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.

Thanks for following along!

Comments

Unknown said…
That sounds amazing Pastor Lauren! I’ll have to join and eat my way to Canada as well 😂
Steve Hutton said…
Your dinner looks great! Hike on Pastor Loren!
Steve Hutton
Unknown said…
I could eat 2 or 3 of those, unfortunately I don't burn that many calories in a day. :-(