- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
If I could not walk far and fast, I think I should just explode and perish.” -Charles Dickens
I can't begin to explain why my wife puts up with me. Me and my crazy ideas like hiking for five months, thousands of miles from home, in remote mountains, alone, often without the ability to communicate...who thinks this is normal? I thought I had won the lottery in 2014, when she allowed me to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to hike the Continental Divide Trail this year after two failed attempt in 2016 and 2017. We have made a pact this year that she is not letting me come home until I finish! No whining will be tolerated!
I am grateful we have found a church home and we will have even more friends that will be a encouragement and support for her while I am gone and hopefully follow my blog as I hike.
Thank you Eva! I love you and am praying my experience on the trail makes me a better husband and father.
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
Thanks for following along!
Comments
Hope you have a little time at Ghost Ranch - it's an interesting place. I seem to remember that the Chama River Valley was pretty and surrounded by those striking multi-colored rocks.
You're in daily prayers, Loren. We're very thankful that they've been answered so far and they'll be with you all the way to that border. Hike on!!
Are you that neat and organized at home?? If so would you give my husband a tutorial
Upon your return??? Please??! Impressive backpack!! I hope you and Eva had a great
Visitvand you are all energized to carry on. We continue to pray for your safe journey and look forward o your you tube videos.
Enough reading you need to hike!