- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
![]() |
| Hildago Medical Services, Lordsburg, New Mexico |
I arrived in Lordsburg on Saturday, April 28 and “zeroed” (no hiking) on Sunday. I was planning to leave bright and early Monday morning, but by Sunday night I knew I would be going to the doctor instead. In spite of all my efforts, my sinuses were getting worse and my symptoms were spreading like weeds. (Which reminds me...Eva, can you take care of the weeds in our yard while I am gone?)
The best (only) medical facility in Lordsburg opened at 8:00 AM and thankfully it was only a 15 minute walk. After confirming they accepted my insurance, which was a bit of an ordeal, I was handed 5 pages of intake forms. One question asked if I was “currently homeless.” Even though Eva has told me that “under no circumstances am I allowed to come home this year until I finish the CDT or it finishes me,” I ultimately decided to check the box indicating I have a home.
After being told I’d have to wait two hours to see the doctor. I sat down in the waiting room, pouting and blowing my nose very loudly! I’m not sure if it was the pouting or the nose blowing, but I was in an exam room in under ten minutes! Dr Lee arrived soon and after a quick medical history and exam I was off to the pharmacy for my meds. I spent the rest of the day resting and hoped to see enough improvement to resume hiking on Tuesday. Thank you Dr. Lee and the staff at the Hidalgo Medical Services for getting me back on the trail. Stay tuned for details on how Tuesday went (no spoilers here).
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
Thanks for following along!

Comments
Denise Hughes