CDT Links

ZERO IN PAGOSA SPRINGS


Sunday, June 10

I arrived in Pagosa Springs on Saturday afternoon after the post office closed at 2:00 PM. My resupply box wouldn’t be available to pick up until Monday morning at 7:30 AM. This resulted in me gladly taking a zero day on Sunday. I took full advantage of my zero day to do laundry, clean and organize my gear, write, eat and rest. I even squeezed in a movie with popcorn and soda.

Pagosa Springs is a wonderful little town with everything a hiker needs to resupply. The only challenge is that it is a long way from the trail and it's a bit spread out. The laundromat is 2.5 miles from my motel so being the lazy hiker that I am, I organized a group of hikers who needed to do laundry and we split a cab.

Mike, my hiking companion for the last few days will be staying in Pagosa Springs for three full days to celebrate his anniversary with his wife who flew in to join him. I hope he has a great time with his  wife and look forward to seeing him again further up the trail!

For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.

Thanks for following along!

Comments

Unknown said…
That is my kind of zero day! Sounds like a wonderful location.