- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
June 29-July 6
Eva and I have both successfully arrived in Denver and were reunited at baggage claim carousel # 4 in the Denver International Airport. After a brief shuttle to rent a car, we were on our way to our first motel in Monument, Colorado. We'll stay in Monument until Sunday when we drive to Colorado Springs to attend church. We'll spend the remainder of our time together in Keystone, Colorado. It's less than a 30 minute drive back to the the CDT and we'll have the opportunity to see our oldest daughter and some friends who are now pastoring a church in Colorado. I am looking forward to spending time with Eva, as well as, getting lots of rest and eating as much food as I can!
The last few weeks I've been struggling to take pictures and write for my blog, but with this opportunity to rest, I'm hoping my energy and enthusiasm to document my CDT hike will return. Not every day has been unicorns and rainbows, but I am excited to have completed over 1,000 miles and look forward to the final 270 miles to the border of Wyoming. When I reach Rawlins, I have a friend joining me for the remainder of the trail.
I'll be back on the trail again on Saturday, July 7th. Thank you to everyone who is following along on the journey. Please continue to pray for good health, strength, and courage!
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
Thanks for following along!

Comments