- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
For the last 3 weeks, I have hiked with others, and the glue that held the group together was an Australian couple named Medic and Bourbon. Their kindness, generosity, and friendship helped even this introvert feel like a part of the group. They are a joy to hike with, camp with, and spend time with in resupply towns. Other hikers that were part of our group at various times included Bee-Dub, Mike, 5 Star, and Smokey. They were all a blessing to me and it was my privilege to hike with them. Thank you all for including me in the group. I look forward to hiking with you again!
But for various reasons, not the least being my personal schedule to meet Eva on the 29th of June, I hitched out of Salida alone, returned to the trail at Monarch Pass, and began hiking north. I’ve got 150 challenging miles of trail to cover before meeting Eva and I'm looking forward to spending a few days alone. The climb from Monarch Pass to the high point of 12,552 feet seemed long and hard and the wind added to the challenge. After a brief call to Eva from the ridge line overlooking the little town of Monarch I descended to Hunt Lake and camped alone.
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
Thanks for following along!
Comments
Blessings - Denise Hughes
Barbara Bratvold