- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Wednesday, July 18
After enjoying a zero in Steamboat Springs and reconnecting with Bee Dub there, we (5 Star, Bee Dub, and myself) had the opportunity to slack pack with Patches for 41 miles over the next two days. Her parents were visiting her from the east coast and arranged to drop us off and pick us up along the trail so we only had to carry food, water, and other day hiking essentials. I’m guessing my backpack only weighed 10 lbs and it made the hiking very enjoyable. When they picked us up at the end of the day, they had water, soda, fruit, and sandwiches to satisfy our hunger. Three cheers for slack packing.
Thursday, July 19
After the first day of slack packing 17 miles, Patches parents brought us all back into town and we enjoyed another night in Steamboat. The second day of slack packing was 24 miles and I was very thankful I didn't have to carry a full pack. The miles seemed long and hard and my allergies were bothering me. I was the last one to finish but the group cheered me on and I enjoyed a soda, sandwich and some delicious grapes at the finish line. Patches was returning to Steamboat for one more night with her parents, but 5 Star, Bee Dub and I decided to stay on trail, so along with dinner, her parents brought us our gear and dropped it at our campsite. We were 22 miles from the border of Wyoming and everyone is excited to get there tomorrow!
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
Thanks for following along!
Comments