- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Saturday and Sunday, August 11 & 12
Every CDT thru-hiker I talk with is starting to get anxious about getting to Canada before it starts snowing. Hikers are beginning to hike more miles per day and take fewer zeros. This might be my last zero, but I've been looking forward to it for weeks, and the timing is perfect for me to attend church on Sunday before returning to the trail!
In addition to regular resupply tasks, my to-do list includes finalizing my Yellowstone backcountry permit, blog writing at the library, minor gear repairs, and eating as many calories as possible.
The motel options in Dubois were not exciting and I ended up in a room with no AC and no TV. The only plus was they had good WiFi which was good because the cell phone service for Verizon was terrible in Dubois.
There was AC at the library and I spent several hours there on Saturday during the heat of the day. I successfully finalized my permit for backpacking through Yellowstone and ate several good meals. I had a few choices for attending church, but there was a Lutheran Church directly across the street from my motel and the service time was early so I attended in my "Sunday best" hiking clothes. It was a nice service, but I miss my church almost as much as I miss my wife!
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.

Comments
don't you guys worry about completing. enjoy where you are and quit when it's wise. happy trails.
--pete
John+
Great advice! "Enjoy where you are and quit when it's wise." Makes me think of “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Praying you are safe, have the strength and energy you need, AND that in Him you remain focused and have peace of mind to continue to enjoy every minute of this awesome journey! = ) Liz