- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
| Road Walking...My Favorite! |
Friday, July 27
Today we hiked out of Rawlins after grabbing a Subway sandwich (I’ll eat half for lunch and half for dinner.) and scarfing down breakfast at McDonalds. I ate a lot over the last 2.5 days and got some much needed rest. I’m hoping I feel stronger on this next section of the trail. We hiked 25 miles today in spite of having 5 days of food, carrying 3 liters of water and not starting until 9:20 AM. I’m satisfied with that and think we’ll do even more miles as our packs get lighter each day.
For the next 100 plus miles the terrain will be mostly desert with few trees, little shade and sparse water. The plan is to start hiking at 6:00 AM tomorrow and hopefully get 12 miles done by noon. If we can find some shade we’ll take an afternoon break in the heat of the day, and hopefully finish hiking around 8:00 PM.
| It's A Full Moon Tonight! |
Along with Fat Albert, 5 Star, and Cucumber, I hiked with Patches and Dixie today. We met Patches on the hike out of Rawlins and Dixie at the first water source. Dixie has a very popular YouTube channel where she documents her hikes. I recommend you check it out!
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
Thanks for following along!
Comments