- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
The day after leaving Yellowstone Village, I crossed the border into Idaho! I celebrated the milestone with breakfast at the border. A few miles later I exited Yellowstone National Park and was on my way to "blink and you missed it" Mack's Inn, Idaho.
I hiked 27 miles to enjoy dinner at the Mexican Food restaurant and then walked two more miles to camp at a RV Park where I could shower and wash my clothes. It was 10 PM before I crawled into my tent, but it was a good day and I fell asleep. I didn't have a resupply box here, but topped off my supply of calories with a Subway sandwich and some additional candy from the mini mart.
On my hike to Lima, there was smoke from local fires, a reminder of things to come... There was 3 miles of bushwhacking and the bushes were full of grasshoppers. If you have ever wondered if a grasshopper cold jump into your hiking shorts through the leg openings, the answer is..... yes. I've never learned to dance, but having a grasshopper in your pants is the dancing equivalent of being thrown in the deep end of the pool and being told to swim!
The CDT straddles the border of Idaho and Montana for miles in this section and there were many boundary markers. Lima was a 19 mile hitch. My resupply box was mailed directly to the one motel, next to the one cafe, across the street from the one gas station. It's another quick resupply but I'm excited to sleep in a BED for the first time in ten days.
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps




Comments