- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
| Which Way Should I Go? |
Somewhere in the Great Basin the Continental Divide Trail meets the California and Oregon Trails. It was a surprise to see these trail markers. Apparently the Oregon Trail is more than an educational video game! Our last water in the basin before South Pass City was a lovely river where I took time to wash a pair of socks as I stood in the river and smiled. After eating dinner at the river, I hiked two more miles to make sure I would arrive in South Pass City in time to get my resupply box and meet the other hikers for a shuttle ride into Lander.
Tuesday, July 31
I was hiking at 6:00 AM and followed a road most of the way into South Pass City After a bit of exploring, I retrieved my resupply box at the general store and promptly opened it and began eating! (I didn't carry quite enough food on the last section to completely satisfy my hunger.) I sat in the shade waiting for a shuttle to arrive and take 8 of us to Lander for a proper resupply including laundry, shower, town food and a BED. We'll return to South Pass City in the morning and soon be in the Winds!
For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.
Thanks for following along!
Comments