CDT Links

THE WINDS BENEATH MY FEET


August 6-10

The hike back to the CDT was 10 miles from the Elkhart Park trailhead! After hiking so many miles on the CDT, I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm not convinced the resupply in Pinedale was worth the 16 extra miles we hiked. Thru-hikers are famous for being lazy and I suppose I fit the bill in this instance. It did save me from carrying eight days of food from South Pass to Dubois and it was nice to sleep in a bed and eat some town food. If I had to do it all over again, I'd mail a box to a remote lodge closer to the CDT (Bid Sandy Lodge) and payed the extra expense to stay there one night. But that's water under the bridge...no wait...there was no bridge, I walked through the river.



The hike from Pinedale to Dubois completes the section of the trail known as the Wind River Range and it was a beautiful hike with some amazing views. There were lakes and streams everywhere and I would love to return to this area again to explore further.


It seems like eating more food is helping with my energy levels while hiking, but I'm still hiking slower than everyone else. One day in this section, there was some confusion about where we would camp for the night and I ended up camping alone. We met up the following day and hiked together into Dubois. We are taking a zero day in town to rest and work on getting permits for Yellowstone. I've never been there, so I'm excited to visit this national park.


In looking at my schedule and resupply stops from here to Canada, there are not too many places where I will have the opportunity to use a computer. (I'm in the library in Dubois using a computer with Windows 10, an i7 Intel processor, 8 gigs of ram and a very fast internet connection. I'm a happy camper.) I've been lucky so far to have wifi to post pictures to Flickr. I've recorded a few videos, but uploading them from my phone has been challenging. I'll do my best to continue to post regularly but may have Eva share some general updates if my internet access is limited. Have I mentioned lately how AWESOME Eva is...she is doing a great job mailing my resupply boxes and encouraging me every time we talk.

For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.

Thanks for following along!



Comments