CDT Links

Yellowstone


August 13-17

The day before hiking into Yellowstone, I ate dinner at Two Oceans Pass where a river splits in two...one going to the Atlantic and the other going to the Pacific. It is called "Parting of the Waters" and it's worth checking out...just google it! 



After a memorable dinner of Top Ramon, I hiked a few more miles before camping. As luck would have it, I set up my tent on top of an active mole tunnel. All night I could hear a mole digging beneath me AND at some point he surfaced at the door of my tent and checked me out. I'm thankful he didn't attempt to enter my tent, but I was ready with my bear spray! 



The highlight of this section of the CDT was hiking through Yellowstone National Park. I spent three nights camping in the park and enjoyed the beautiful landscapes and the amazing geysers and geothermal activity. I saw ZERO bears and had a quick resupply in the village near Old Faithful. There was no time to shower or do laundry. I was in and out in under four hours. There was a Verizon cell tower in Yellowstone at the village, but there were also hundreds of tourists sucking up the bandwidth. I had to settle for making one phone call and sending a few texts. 



I've been hiking with a group of other hikers, but for various reasons, I hiked out of Yellowstone alone. It felt different, but also very exciting to be on my own again!

For additional content, check out Flickr for images, YouTube for video, SoundCloud for audio, and the Postholer Map with my most recent location.

Comments